It takes 5-10 minutes to complete our application form. You will be asked questions about your qualifications, motivation and your experience.
If you pass the CV screening our team in China will contact you by email and invite you to have a Skype interview. This is a chance for you to show your enthusiasm and let them know why it is you will be a great teacher in China! It is also a chance for you to ask questions and find out about life as a teacher in China. We suggest you ask about; the teaching schedule, the schools, class sizes, accommodation, salaries, bonuses, getting around, setting up bank accounts, the visa process, TEFL courses and anything else that springs to mind. Your interviewer will be your guide throughout the whole process. He or she is more than happy to answer your questions so please don’t hesitate to ask anything. You can secure a job in China up to a year in advance but if you want to move quickly it can take as little as 6-8 weeks to get you there.
• How far have you travelled on your own previously and for how long? or with whom if not alone?
• How familiar are you with Chinese cities and Chinese culture?
• Have you heard of Hangzhou?
• Do your family and friends support you in the decision?
• What can you tell me about TEFL? What does the acronym mean?
• What age group of children do you naturally feel comfortable with?
• Do you have any language abilities? Are you bilingual?
• What are your main motivations for applying for this position and undertaking this role?
please grade your choices from:
…to immerse myself in another culture
…to connect with international expats
…to be sociable and party!
…to travel (China and into Asia)
Now you just need to pack your bags, make sure your vaccinations are up to date, sort out your travel insurance and get on that plane!
Read what our current teachers think of living and teaching in China.