Get Ready!

Before you take your first steps of your adventure make sure that you are prepared.

Are you happy with your contract?
Have you asked questions about your job conditions, living conditions, location?
Are you clear on how to apply for the correct visa?

Things to Think About

Should I complete a TEFL course?

10% Discount on Travel Insurance!


  • Some jobs overseas will provide you with a degree of health insurance. However it is important to know that this is NOT a substitute for travel insurance. We recommend that you purchase Travel Insurance before you travel to any country. Travel insurance can cover you for everything from losing your bags to potential repatriation back to the UK.

If You are from the UK    



It’s important that you select a travel insurance policy that not only covers you to travel but also to undertake TEFL work while you are away from the UK. The Go Walkabout Working Holiday Policy has been designed to cover this. The policy will cover you to undertake teaching work and cover your leisure time – including travel to other countries when you are away.  

 Flying Cows Teachers Can save 10% on the cost of a Go Walkabout Working Holiday policy by using the Discount Code FLY10

 Here is a summary of the Working Holiday policy benefits:

  •  Can cover you to be away from the UK for up to 2 years 
  • £10 million emergency medical cover including repatriation
  • Allows you to make two return trips back to the UK for up to 21 days each, (and up to 4 return trips if you choose to upgrade)
  • Optional gadget cover up to £2,000 for items including mobile phones and laptops less than 4 years old 
  • The comprehensive benefits of a standard travel insurance policy, whilst also covering you to work.
  • Cover if you travel to other countries whilst away from the UK


Click here for a quote 

Feel free to contact Go Walkabout with any questions or to discuss your needs at either or telephone 01424 559205 



If You are from The Rest of the World

World Nomads have some great travel insurance packages. Get a quote below and feel free to contact them directly with any questions and to discuss your options.

Do I need any Immunisations?

Travel Safety Advice
For official general and country specific Travel Safety Advice visit the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office website.


South Korea:


***If you are travelling from outside the UK please make sure that you are familiar with your countries general and health guidelines for travelling overseas***