There is a huge variety of TEFL qualifications available from short online courses to month long classroom courses. Some courses are accredited, and others are not.
We have worked with The London Teacher Training College (LTTC) for many years. They provide well run, fully accredited TEFL courses. We also work with our partners in China and Thailand to offer you TEFL courses tailored to your ideal teaching location.
Here is a summary of what qualification is required for each country. For full details click on the country page:
China – Hybrid TEFL is essential but training is provided by our Chinese partners FREE. CLICK HERE TO APPLY FOR CHINA
Korea – TEFL is not essential but many teachers choose an accredited online TEFL course. CLICK HERE for LTTC COURSES
Thailand – TEFL is not essential but many teachers choose an accredited online TEFL course. CLICK HERE FOR LTTC COURSES
Online – TEFL is not essential but is highly recommended. Many candidates choose an accredited online TEFL course. CLICK HERE FOR LTTC COURSES
Once you have secured a teaching position in China our partners will enrol you in their FREE Combined Hybrid 150 hour TEFL course. This course has an online element (part A) and a classroom and in-house element in China (part B).
Part A: 120 hour online TEFL
The 120 hour online TEFL consists of four Essential Skills modules and 2 Video modules:
Essential Skills 1: Classroom Management (25 hours)
• Unit 1: An Introduction to Classroom Management
• Unit 2: Before the Lesson: The Importance of Planning
• Unit 3: Building the Foundations
• Unit 4: During the Lesson: Lesson Delivery and Classroom Management
• Unit 5: Know Your Students
• Unit 6: Troubleshooting: Final Tips and Strategies
Essential Skills 2: Introduction to Teaching the Four Skills (25 hours)
• Unit 1: Introduction to Teaching the Four Skills
• Unit 2: Teaching Reading
• Unit 3: Teaching Writing
• Unit 4: Teaching Listening
• Unit 5: Teaching Speaking
• Unit 6: Assessing the Different Skills
Essential Skills 3: Lexis & Phonology (25 hours)
• Unit 1. Introduction to lexis
• Unit 2. Lexis in the classroom
• Unit 3. Introduction to phonology
• Unit 4. Phonology in speech
• Unit 5. Phonology in the classroom
Essential Skills 4: Grammar Skills (25 hours)
• Unit 1: An introduction to grammar
• Unit 2: The Basics of English Grammar: word to sentence
• Unit 3: The Basics of English Grammar: being more speciﬁc
• Unit 4: What about teaching it?
• Unit 5: The basics of English grammar: expressing more complex meanings
• Unit 6: Grammar plus 25 hours: Approaches & Methodology
• Unit 1: Teacher with an elementary class
• Unit 2: Video Section: More experienced teacher with a pre-intermediate class
Part B: Classroom TEFL & in-house Training 20 Hours in Hangzhou, China (4 days)
Overview of Ofﬂine Classroom Content:
• Grammar Refresher
• Second language acquisition (SLA)
• Classroom Management
• Research-based techniques
• Planning Assessments
• Evaluation Criteria and Methods
• Unpacking Criteria
• Orientation and preparation for life in China
Flying Cows ESL has developed two Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL) courses in association with the London Teacher Training College (LTTC). The first is an introductory TEFL taster certificate course, approximately 60 hours in length. The second is an internationally recognised qualification, approximately 120 hours in length. Both are online courses and can be completed at your own pace.
Online TEFL Courses
Online 1: Certificate in TEFL – 60 Hours
Entry Requirements – none
Course Length – 60 Hours
Perfect for – people who want a fast entry into the world of TEFL as it can be completed within 10 days. This qualification is not accredited but it will show potential employers that you are serious about TEFL.
Cost – £175 (Use this discount code at the checkout to receive 10% off your purchase: NOBULL
Online 2: Certificate in TEFL – 120 hours
Entry Requirements – none
Course Level – Level 5 TQUK Endorsed
Course Length – 120 Hours
Perfect for – people looking for a qualification which is recognised worldwide. Many employers regard TEFL courses over 100 hours as the standard for the profession.
Course – £285
Use this discount code at the checkout to receive 10% off your purchase: NOBULL
If you would like to purchase one of these courses please do so below
TQUK is an Awarding Organisation recognised by the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual) and the Welsh Government.
TQUK offers qualifications on the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF). Qualifications regulated by Ofqual are listed on the Register of Regulated Qualifications : http://register.ofqual.gov.uk.
TQUK aim to provide qualifications that meet the needs of industry that are designed by leading professionals and delivered to centres and learners with integrity and compliance in mind. To accompany the qualification, TQUK provide centres with world class customer service to support in the delivery of the qualifications. Fine their website here: www.tquk.org