It takes 5-10 minutes to complete our application form. You will be asked questions about your location preferences, your motivation, and your experiences.
Our team in Thailand will contact you by email only if they would like to interview you. Interviews are conducted via Skype. This is a chance for you to show your enthusiasm and let them know why it is you will be a great teacher in Thailand! It is also a chance for you to ask questions and find out about life as a teacher in Thailand. We suggest you ask about; the teaching schedule, the schools, class sizes, accommodation, salaries, bonuses, getting around, setting up bank accounts, the visa process and anything else that springs to mind. Your interviewer will be your guide throughout the whole process. He or she is more than happy to answer your questions so please don’t hesitate to ask anything. It can take as little as 6-8 weeks to get you to Thailand.
1. Why do you want to teach in Thailand?
2. Have you ever lived in or travelled to Thailand before?
3. What qualities do you think make a good teacher?
4. Why do you believe English is an important language for Thai students to learn?
5. How would you manage a disruptive classroom?
6. What do you know about Thai culture?
7. How important do you think it is to adapt to the culture of your host country?
8. What age range do you feel most comfortable in teaching?
Nursery – 3-5 years old
Primary 5-12 years old
High school 12-18 years old
9. What do you think you will gain from this experience?
10. What do you think the benefits of working in a local community school are over working in a larger city?
Now you just need to pack your bags, make sure your vaccinations are up to date, sort out your travel insurance, think about completing a TEFL course and get on that plane!
Read what our current teachers think of teaching in Thailand and of working with Flying Cows here.